What we know about buildings?
A building management system (BMS) is a control system that can be used to monitor and manage the mechanical, electrical and electromechanical services in a facility whether it is a Tunnel, Airport Facility, Hospital, Tower or any large building; such services can include include, but are not limited to, power, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, access control, pumping stations, elevators and lights .
Building automation and control is particularly effective in achieving reductions in energy consumption and demand. Compared to improvement measures involving the building shell or mechanical equipment, building automation and control generally requires a smaller investment while achieving significant energy savings, reduced emissions and the quickest simple payback time. Siemens Building Technology is continuously developing ways to make energy efficiency more manageable through:
- Superior quality products that boost industry leading control accuracy.
- Innovative control applicants designed especially to optimize energy usage and reduce costs.
- Simplified monitoring and reporting functions that make energy management decisions easier.
VISION OF GREEN BUILDINGS
- Advanced building management system
- Quality of work and living space is monitored and communicated to occupants
- Air quality and temperature are actively maintained
- Natural light supported by efficient artificial light
- Intelligent all-electric building (no fossil fuels)
- Clever heating, cooling with ground source heat pump and ground storage Low energy mixed-mode ventilation
- Operations and maintenance optimization 2 – Energy efficiency
- Sustainable design
- Water efficiency
- Materials efficiency
- Indoor air quality
OPERATION & MAINTENANCE COST
A structure and its surrounding landscape that is designed, constructed and operated to:
- Use resources more efficiently
- Improve occupant health and productivity
- Reduce waste, pollution and environmental degradation