Totally connected. Totally digitalized
The data volume in modern industrial plants is growing continuously, that brings new challenges for SCADA solutions: enormous data volumes must be managed and archived for the long term. At the same time, production processes must be monitored and controlled as reliable, efficient, and productive as possible and they must be constantly optimized. With its scalable, open system landscape for the vertical integration of data from the production to the MES/ERP level up to cloud solutions, SCADA offers a solution that is ready for the challenges of today and tomorrow.
Stay informed with mobile SCADA solutions anywhere and at any time including tablet and smartphone hardware. And experience modern operating concepts, e.g. with multi touch gestures.
We offer stationary and mobile solutions to cover demands security guaranteed. In this area, we apply more than 20 years of SCADA know how from all industry sectors no matter how large or small your requests are.
As a key to greater productivity, SCADA systems combine efficient engineering with high performance archiving and maximum data security. This enables efficient production management and intelligent production analyses.
Special requests can be easily implemented through tailored systems, internal scripts and programming interfaces that follow the international standards.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP WITH SCADA SYSTEMS
One of the central value propositions of digitalization is the intelligent use of manufacturing data to identify hidden productivity potential and use resources more efficiently. Handling of the enormous Quantities of data created in state-of-the-art production lines is a major challenge in industrial environments; This is exactly what SCADA systems are designed for. You benefit from a future proof basis which enables you of managing and long-time archiving the increasing volumes of data, and aggregating them into meaningful information. Enjoy new degrees of freedom by establishing sufficient scope for new technologies, mobile applications and meeting increasingly stringent requirements for energy efficiency and productivity.
THE KEY TO INCREASING PRODUCTIVITY
Digitalization creates new opportunities for making industrial processes more versatile, personalized and ecient. Key components for this are integrated concepts for production from data acquisition and analysis to strategic decision-making. SCADA supports you with solutions ranging from data collection and analysis to business models and strategic decision-making. These solutions enable you to extract valuable information from your data not just in traditional control room setups, but also in combination with cloud based solutions.
SCADA in oil and gas
SCADA is widely used in the oil and gas industry to monitor offshore and onshore extraction. SCADA utilizes remote terminals and electronic devices to collect data from the field and transmit it via sensors throughout the communications network with the advent of a machine to machine technology. SCADA adds standardization and openness to the existing infrastructure middleware. Another important factor is eliminating the need for individual sensors, allowing business apps to compare the information collected from millions of devices altogether. In addition, SCADA will ensure a reduction in the overall cost of the project..
Distributed Control Systems DCS
A distributed control system (DCS) is a computerized control system for a process or plant usually with a large number of control loops, in which autonomous controllers are distributed throughout the system, but there is central operator supervisory control. This is in contrast to systems that use centralized controllers; either discrete controllers located at a central control room or within a central computer. The DCS concept increases reliability and reduces installation costs by localizing control functions near the process plant, with remote monitoring and supervision. Distributed control systems rst emerged in large, high value, safety critical process industries, and were attractive because the DCS manufacturer would supply both the local control level and central supervisory equipment as an integrated package, thus reducing design integration risk. Today the functionality of SCADA and DCS systems are very similar, but DCS tends to be used on large continuous process plants where high reliability and security is important, and the control room is not geographically remote.
Distributed Control Systems DCS and Siemens
- Any error will result in an alert, stopping the process to avoid losses.
- Energy consumption is decreased (up to 20%).
- The power of each machine is monitored by SCADA.
- Increase in the life cycle of the machines.
- Increase in the eciency of the plant.
- Decrease the losses in material and cost.
- Simplify operation and management of the packing process.
Software and Hardware for DCS
- Fast and powerful automation systems
- Standard, high-availability, and safety-related
- Industrial Ethernet, PROFINET, and PROFIBUS interfaces
- Robust and secure
- Most powerful controller and highly-scalable based on the number of processes.
- High processing speeds and deterministic reaction times for data intensive tasks in the process and manufacturing industry.
High-performance IO Systems
- Modular, scalable, compact.
- Environmentally robust with conformal coating and extended temperature range.
- Fail-safe options.
- Intrinsically safe options
- Highest availability with PROFINET R1 redundancy, IO redundancy, and Change in Run (CiR).
- Fail safe IO directly in Ex zone 1/21 with redundant power supply and certified up to SIL 3
- Decentralized and standardized management of field devices, connectivity for PROFIBUS PA devices, and freely configurable IO directly in the field.
FACTORY TALK SCADA SYSTEM
- Continuous, batch, and sequential control
- Integrated asset management
- Advanced process control
- Flexible and scalable architectures
- Integrated control and process safety
- Batch management
- High-performance graphics
- Virtualized solutions
- Service and support
- Process simulation (SIMIT)
- Energy management solutions
- Alarm management
- Completely web-based process control system without installation effort
- Multi-User Engineering for global collaboration on projects
- MIntuitive graphical user interface (GUI) for all users and applications in a single workbench
- Object-oriented data management for highly efficient and consistent workflows in engineering and operations
- Open and flexible architecture for modular automation and highest scalability (MTP)
- TÜV certied from IEC 61508 to SIL 3
- Flexible, modular redundancy
- Burner management (BMS)
- High integrity pressure protection (HIPPS)
- Fire and Gas (F&G)
- Fault tolerant architecture to reduce spurious trips
- Safety Life Cycle tools via cause and effects programming
- Compliant to IEC 61511 and ANSI/ISA standards
- Low cost standalone solutions
- Supports OSHA PSM requirements
- Emergency Shutdown Systems (ESD)